2018 Capitol Update Week 8 – Gov signs tax cut into law
Historic 2018 session continues . . .
This past Friday, Governor Nathan Deal signed HB 918 into law cutting Georgia’s income tax rate for the first time since 1937!. This measure will leave over $5 billion in your wallet rather than the state’s over the next five years. On Monday, March 5, the Governor will sign HB 159 the first update to Georgia’s adoption statutes in over a generation. Loving families will be better able to adopt reducing the time Georgia’s children remain in foster care while cutting the costs and burdens associated with adoption.
- HB 759 Georgia Special Needs Scholarship Program
- HB 410 Limiting certain fees charged by HOA/Condo Management Companies
- HB 930 Transit Governance and Funding
- HB 951 Establishing the Center for Rural Prosperity and Innovation
- HB 973 Ethics in Government (Sexual Harassment Policy)
- HB 332 Georgia Outdoor Stewardship Act
- HB 519 Establishing Step Therapy Protocols for treating various illnesses
- HB 605 Hidden Predator Act
- HB 673 Distracted Driving / Hands Free
- HB 764 Lawful possession of low THC oil
- HB 803 Trafficking Disabled Adult / Elder Person or Resident
- HB 887 Rural Broadband Initiative
- HR 993 A Constitutional Amendment establishing state-wide Business Courts
- HB 995 Requiring certain disclosures and transparency in local government contracts
- HB 834 Termination of Lease for Family Violence
Let me hear from you
Should you find yourself in Atlanta during the Session, please stop by and visit me at my Capitol office, and please call or email if you have any question or concerns regarding any state issue. My capitol office, phone, and email are listed below.